A “Thanks” button that records thanks when people don’t have anything else to say in a comment.
Thing about René is that he always puts deh carts before deh horse.
Since starting to read philosopy, I’ve really found my nich-e. (credit Dom McGoldrick)
I was looking at the degree course on textiles — looks totally fabricated to me.
Now that there’s a £3000 fee every year of the course, Economics just isn’t anymore.
It’s here because I always forget it whenever I want to play poker.
- 5 of a kind: this is the highest possible hand, but is only possible when playing with wild cards.
- Straight Flush: a straight flush is 5 cards in order, all of the same suit.
- 4 of a kind: four cards of the same rank (i.e. four kings or four nines).
- Full House: Three of a kind and a pair, like two kings and three sevens, or two jacks and three twos.
- Flush: five cards of the same suit.
- Straight: five cards in rank order, but not of the same suit.
- 3 of a kind: three cards of the same rank.
- Two pair: a set of cards, with two of one rank, and the other two of another rank (i.e. two aces and two kings).
- Pair: two cards of the same rank.
- High Card: when the hand contains none of the above, then highest card counts.
it’s too hot to write. the temperature is 33 C (91 F) and in England, we normally don’t have airconed houses. for some people, this might be fine, but we’re not really used to it over here. that’s what you get for global warming though.
now i’ve kick-started this post by talking about the weather (smalltalk rule #1), I present you with some collective nouns, which i guarantee you’ll read and use every day for the rest of your life. if you have some, don’t hesistate to add them in the comments. this could even become the world’s number one resource for unusual collective nouns! (highly unlikely, but we must be optimistic.)
a salad of vegetarians
a walk of pedestrians
a drum of percussionists
a shine of streelights
a shade of curtains
a fall of leaves